Sunday, December 21, 2008

It's a Wonderful Life

Life happens to everyone. God is no respecter of persons and we all understand that He allows the rain to fall on the just and unjust. There is not one of us whose life is free from cares, worries and struggles.

How many times have we looked at the lives of others and wanted to trade places. I wish I was as happy as Linda or as affluent as Bob. Linda and Bob have their own cares and worries, we just don't see them on the surface. It was Henry David Thoreau who said, "the mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation."

I grew up in a house with a lot of boys and a lot turmoil. If there are special rewards in heaven, my mother will be at the top of the list. She not only provided support, encouragement and a loving environment, she left me with memories to last my lifetime as well. As the holidays approach, those are the memories I cling to and those are the memories I want to create for my own children. My memories include watching the Thanksgiving Day Parades, laughing together at Christmas movies and fighting over the chocolate spritz cookies.

Yes, sometimes life deals to us from the bottom of the deck and the sun doesn't come out and shine, but it truly is a wonderful life - if you choose to make it so!!!

No comments: